Now the good news is that there are plans, self directed plans through banks and mutual fund dealers where you have control of the contribution amount, the type of investment and most important of all, the funds being available when needed. This being said, your child will receive the government grants and none of that will go to pay fees. Most mutual funds do have a fee, a fee that is diminished until it is zero after seven years.
Think about it, your child’s Registered Education Savings Plans will be there longer than seven years therefore no fees